DACNET (E-Governance Project for Department of Agriculture and Cooperation)
It is an e-governance project in 40 Directorates/Attached/
Subordinates offices of DAC and their 200 Field Units all over the
country. In West Bengal, it is implemented in the following offices:
The project is designed to establish a nationwide
information network for speedy collection and dissemination of market
information data for its efficient and timely utilization; to ensure
flow of regular and reliable data to the producers (farmers), traders
and consumers to derive maximum advantage out of their sales and purchases;
and to increase the efficiency in marketing by effecting improvement
in the existing market information system. Market price data is reflected
in the AGMARKNET portal everyday and it is useful for the producers,
marketers, and marketing organizations throughout the country. For
more information http://agmarknet.nic.in
Project: AGRISNET – A Mission Mode Project for Agriculture Department, Government of West Bengal
Government of India, Department of Agriculture & Co-operation, Ministry of Agriculture has decided to launch a Central Sector Scheme titled, “Strengthening / Promoting Agricultural Informatics & Communications” of which one component is AGRISNET. The objective of AGRISNET (Agricultural Information System Network) Project is to create a sustainable data bank of all Agricultural Inputs in the State of West Bengal containing entries for all relevant information pertaining to Agriculture and its related activities and to access the same through a secured Network. Objective of the Project is to network all Agricultural Offices up to Block level with State Department of Agriculture for improving information access and to provide advisory services to the farming community through use of ICT. Under AGRISNET project (A Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan) , the offices of Agriculture Department including the District/Sub-Division/Block level offices will be connected through a Network based on WBSWAN / NICNET. Initially for the first phase, four ATMA districts (Agricultural Technology Management Agency) Malda, Murshidabad, Purba Midnapur and Bankura have been considered by the Department for ICT Infrastructure creation including establishment of Connectivity , Implementation of Specific and Generic Applications and to make the services available at Block level. Later on other four ATMA districts Nadia, North 24-Paraganas, Coochbehar and Paschim Medinipur has been considered for the same. NIC has prepared Project Proposal for AGRISNET Project and the same has been approved by the Line Ministry / Department after vetted by IT Department, Government of West Bengal.
Salient Features and Impact
The e-Governance Applications being developed and implemented in Ist Phase are as follows :
Departmental Activity Specific Application:
Ø Fertilizer Control & Management System : This is an Integrated Application with following four applications :-
· Information System on Registration / Authorization Certificate of Manufacturers & Dealers of Fertilizers and Manures
· Information System on Quantity and Quality verification of Controlled & decontrolled fertilizers, Preparation of Proforma ‘B’ for certification
· Information System on Monitoring of Production, Arrival, Consumption & Supply details of various Fertilizers and Manures & Preparation of Reports
· Information System on Movement of Fertilizers including rakes
Ø Certificate & Quality Control of Seed Management Inf. System and Information System on Licensing of seeds
Ø Project Monitoring System (approval, physical and financial progress of various Central & State Govt. Projects)
Ø Soil Survey, Soil & Water Conservation Management System
Ø Soil Test based Fertiliser Recommendation System
Ø Weather Watch Information System
Ø Information System on Pesticide Management and Pesticide Testing (Plant Protection & Quarantine)
Ø Agri-Portal ( A portal in Agriculture and allied Sector)
Generic Applications :
Ø Computerization of Salary Accounts
Ø Letter & File Movement Monitoring System
Ø Fund Flow Monitoring System
Ø Service Record Monitoring System
Ø Monitoring of Court Cases related to Service Matters
Ø Information System on Redressal of Public Grievances
Brief details of G2C/G2B/G2G/G2E services to be offered thro' the Project
G2C Services :
· Availability of Quality Fertiliser (Maufacturer/Dealer wise) with MRP
· Availability of Bio/Organic/ Physical Mixture/ Straight Micronutrient and Micronutrient mixture Fertilizer (Manufacturer / dealer wise).
· Soil Health Card which includes fertilizer recommendation for the crops according to soil test result
· District wise availability of quality Seed( crop wise with variety and Agency wise) with MRP
· District wise Registered seed Dealer details
· Information on Weather to the farmers (Data on daily weather forecast, rainfall, temperature, evaporation, wind direction, dew etc.)
· Soil Survey and Soil Conservation related Statistics (Landuse, Landform, Soil Information – Basic information on the soil with soil classification based on approximation( a modern nomenclature of soil class).
· Availability of Pesticide (Maufacturer /Dealer wise) with MRP
· Availability of farm mechanization equipment / tools in the locality
G2B Services :
· Information on subsidy under various schemes (on seed, fertilizer. pesticides, farm mechanization etc.)
· District wise Sales Report of Fertilizer of each manufacturer for a duration
· Crop wise requirement of Fertilizer in coming Seasons (Rabi / Khariff)
· Information on Certification( Grant/Refusal ) for Chemical Fertilizers, for mixtures of fertilizers (including Micronutrients)
· Status of Authorization letters / Generation of Register of Registered Dealers for Chemical Fertilizers
· Information on Certification of Manufacturer in (Form-F & Form-G) for mixtures of fertilizers (including Micronutrients)
· Status of Registration / Renewal of Licenses of the Dealers of Pesticides
· District wise sales reports of seeds (of different crops and variety).
· Information on Registration of dealers and producers of seed.
· Test report of seed - agency wise and, certificate for certified seeds
Physical Achievement, Annexure-I, Annexure-III,
Expected Impact of the Project on E-Governance Scenario at National / State level
· Improved information access and effective delivery of services to the farming community
· Establishing Agriculture on-line
· Faster and efficient Redressal of Farmers’ Grievances
· Efficient and improved communication system among all the offices of the department of
Agriculture in the state through the use of e-mails services
· Improved transparency and accountability of the Department
· Direct feedback from farming community to the decision makers in the state
· Better monitoring of Government Schemes, which directly impact the farmers
· Efficient management (Development, Conservation , allocation and utilization) of resources
· Improved productivity and profitability of farmers through better advisory systems
· Efficient & Increased utilization of Information by Stakeholders for their decision-making
· Foundation for development of e-business in Agriculture
· Better organizational efficiency and productivity
Project Co-ordinator : Mrs. M.Banerjee, Technical Director, NIC,WBSC
DETAILED PROJECT REPORT (DPR) Agriculture Department, Govt. of West Bengal
Project : DPR for e-Governance in Agriculture Department, Govt. of West Bengal
Brief Description :
The Agriculture Department, Government of West Bengal had proposed to NIC to take up a comprehensive project of computerization of the department with a view to building an improved information infrastructure for enhancing the operational efficiencies at all levels in the department i.e., at Blocks, Sub-Divisions, District level offices, range offices, field level offices (under extension and research. wing of the Directorate), Directorate Hq and Secretariat Hq. NIC had undertaken the Project in 2003 and had taken initiative to computerize the Department starting from the Secretariat and Directorate-Hq level offices and extending the same up to District / Sub-Division / Block level offices and networking all the departmental offices in the entire state to further increase the promptness, efficiency of delivery of service towards citizen. NIC has already made threadbare study on the existing Specific Processes and Generic Processes and developed and implemented Four Specific and three Generic Applications. The Applications are on the roll-out phase in West Bengal.
In this project Govt. of WB requires NIC’s service as a consultant for implementation of e-Governance in the Agriculture Department where the existing Application Software shall be used within the e-Governance framework. The works involved in the project are the followings -
Ø Identify the e-Governance Projects for the Department and prepare roadmap and Action Plan for the same.
Ø Identify the services of the Department for Government process re-engineering (GPR) and re-enablement.
Ø Design the re-engineered process for the identified services with effective use of IT for improving the efficiency of the Department and map the high level ‘To Be’ processes.
Ø Assist the Department in identification of the regulatory / statutory changes and drafting the changes.
Ø Prepare the training & re-orientation plan for the Department.
Ø Prepare a Change Management & Communication Plan.
Ø Prepare a solution framework.
Ø Prepare a monitoring and evaluation framework for Project appraisal.
Ø Prepare Detailed Project Report (DPR)
Salient Features and Impact :
Brief details of G2C / G2B / G2G / G2E services to be offered thro’ the Project
The objective of achieving Electronic Governance (EG) goes far beyond mere computerization of stand alone back office operations. Apart from its day-to-day work, the Agriculture Department interacts with many stakeholders like Manufacturers / Dealers / Agency of Agricultural Inputs (Fertiliser & Manures, Seed , Pesticide, Farm Implements), NGOs / Company, Universities and other Research Institutes, ICAR, Railway Authority of India, KPS / Farmers / Citizen etc. The exchange of information between Agriculture Department and these external units are mostly in manual/paper. Development of e-Government applications shall enable seamless integration of information between the Agriculture Department and its external agencies and finally citizen shall be benefited by the internet-based services.
Probable e-Governance Services
G2C Category -
· Availability Status enquiry for a particular Agricultural Input - District / Block wise availability of Agricultural Inputs (Maufacturer/Dealer wise) with MRP
· Availability of Soil Health Card from CSC which includes fertilizer recommendation for the crops according to soil test result
· E-Tracking of Weather Watch - Information on Weather to the farmers (Data on daily weather forecast, rainfall, temperature, evaporation, wind direction, dew etc.)
· Soil Survey and Soil Conservation related Statistics(Landuse, Landform, Basic information on the soil with soil classification based on approximation)
· E-information for a particular service. – Information on ‘Requirements for a particular service’ through Internet.
· Rules, amendments, different forms, procedures for a service etc. on web.
· Public Grievance Redressal.
G2B Category -
· Information on subsidy under various schemes on Agricultural Inputs (seed, fertilizer. pesticides, farm mechanization etc.)
· District wise Sales Report of Agricultural Inputs of each manufacturer for a duration
· Status of Registration / Renewal of Licenses of the Dealers of Agricultural Inputs ( Fertiliser, Seed, Pesticides & Farm Implements)
G2G Category –
· Monitoring of Approval, Physical and Financial progress of various Central & State Govt. Projects / Schemes
· Interface with different Govt. Offices and stakeholders.
G2E Category –
Expected Impact of the Project on E-Gov. scenario at national/ state level :
Agriculture Project is a part of national level Mission Mode projects. Its implementation in the e-Governance framework would improve dramatic improvement in efficiency, transparency and simplicity for Agriculture related services not only for citizens but for other stakeholders in both state and national level as well.
Project Co-ordinator: Mrs. M.Banerjee, Technical Director, NIC,WBSC
|Designed and Maintained by : National Informatics Centre, West Bengal State Centre|